Monday, September 22, 2008

Recently

Wednesday, September, 17th 2008 at 1:36pm

It recently occurred to me (by recently I mean last night) that Angel should be here very soon (by very soon I mean in a week) and that my room is a disaster (by disaster I mean that the floor needs moping, the sheets on the other futon need changing, many things need sorting, and this silly huge chair that Mary gave me forever ago needs to get out of my tiny apartment so I can stop tripping over it!) Talk about run-on sentences, eh?
So when Crusipher said, “I have some errands to run, I’ll be back in a bit,” and I said, “five minutes?” and he said “five-teen minutes” then I decided to start cleaning. I’ve spent the last hour cleaning and low and behold, he’s not back yet. That part wasn’t a surprise, but speaking of surprises, in this past hour I’ve set aside a surprise for Angel when she gets here, but I can’t mention what it is because she might read this entry.
I cleared off the other futon quite a bit, and decided to finally throw away my old pink coat that Tre bought me. It was a cheap coat, and now it’s old and dingy, and I wouldn’t wear it anyway, and there is no point trying to press and dingy old coat on someone else when they certainly wouldn’t want it, I mean, it’s barely even a warm coat. I still felt bad about tossing it out, but it’s taking up space and well, it’s dingy, so what else can be said for it?
I threw away some empty boxes as well. I have a habit of keeping boxes because you never know when you’re going to want to store something or carry something outside from all the way up here in the attic or when you might need it for some crafty purpose, but I have plenty of boxes now, and there is no need to keep all of them when I’m saving one box a month and using one every three months they start to add up. So I got rid of like four of the ones that I didn’t like so much. One because it was big, another because it was an ugly color, another one because it wasn’t very sturdy and another one just because it didn’t fit into the space I was trying to condense them into.
Perhaps tomorrow I’ll work more with getting the floor clear so I can really scrub it clean. Recently (by recently I mean the last time I went grocery shopping with Crusipher which was on Sunday) I bought this organic all-purpose cleaner in the organic section and I’m going to use it on getting this floor really clean. Hopefully, being organic, it won’t smell terrible like pine sol does. I tried this blend I found on the internet which said to use something like 1/3 water, 1/3 vinegar, 1/3 lemon juice with a few spoon fulls of baking soda, and it was more helpful than let’s say, plain water, but something about it left the floor kinda sticky and I had to mop over it again with plain water, and it didn’t pick up any of the harder stuff. So this time I’m going to really get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor.
I want that silly chair out before I do it though. It’s covering like 4ft squared in floor space and addition blocking another three to four feet of floor space. Also I ought to fold up the table that this laptop is on right now before I do it since it’s covering about 3ft by 4ft as well and blocking another foot or two. Okay, could I write about anything more mundane and boring?
Crusipher still isn’t back yet, so I think I’ll start reading or something. I’m reading “Restoration,” currently which in the third book in a trilogy by Carol Berg. It happens to be her first series. I actually read all the books she wrote completely backwards. I read her last series, a two-part set first, which was just plain amazing, and then I went on and discovered a four-part series she wrote before that, and those were also amazing, then I read a single book she wrote just before that called the “Song of the Beast” which actually made me cry towards the end, and now I’m reading the last book of her first trilogy. All of them are very good, though I can see her growth clearly and it helps me see what to strive for.

Wednesday, September, 17th 2008 at 5:27pm

Just as I was beginning to build some trust in Crusipher’s word. Fifteen minutes? So far, it’s been five hours, and of course there is no call, who’d even bother expecting that? I seriously doubt he’s been no where with a phone. So much for any and all plans of enjoying my day with him, eh? I’m not sure what to do with myself now since I didn’t make plans to be by myself. Not that I need plans in order to do things, but you know, you get your mind-set ready when you go to sleep the night before and when you wake up for the things you’re going to be doing...
My mind-set is transferring from “keep busy while waiting for his return” to “now what do I do with myself?” and of course the nagging thoughts of “what is he doing?” and “is he okay?” and “why can’t he ever call me?” and “does he take this relationship seriously, or what?” and so forth...
I have accomplished a few things in his absence... Carlos and I finally carried that chair downstairs! Yeah! Mom and I cleared off the dining room table, and then Carlos and mom moved a bunch of dry-wall off the stair-well and then Carlos and I carried the chair down the two-flights of stairs and put in on top of the table. Hopefully Billy (Mary’s guy-friend) will do as he said he would, and take the thing the next time he is here.
Well, several times I have gone to read today, and none of those times have I actually gotten to the part where I read. So I think I shall lay down and try once again to do so.

Wednesday, September, 17th 2008 at 8:38pm

My forgiving and peaceful nature towards Crusipher’s disappearance has completely evaporated... Wait, is that him there now? Eight hours total, what coincidence he’d show at this moment.

1 comment:

candoor said...

well look who's here :)

i rarely wander around to others, not even those who occasionally visit me or read me regularly these days, but i just had to wave hi and send a hug...

candora still breathes, candoor recently woke, and so many other brief notes pop out of me and on the web every day these days, but not as much as they used to and before i finish uploading my words i am out the door, no time for the reading i love...

the good news is life is great offline, busy with fun, so i sacrifice the online some... still, i keep in touch and love as i always did...

yay for your idealism, keep it alive (please? :)

hugs for you - and thank you for inspiring my smile once again :)