Monday, September 22, 2008

Pride

Saturday, August, 30th 2008 at 12:57pm

Some people are proud of their country and their race and their family and their neighborhood and their planet and their life. Those people are either idiots or living in some sort of utopia that I’ve never stumbled across in my nineteen years on this planet.
Americans, as a whole, are stupid. Not every American is stupid, just most of them. Americans, as a whole, are unhealthy pigs who are too ignorant to figure out why they’re so fat, lazy, sleep-deprived and aching. Not all Americans are fat, just one out of three. Not all Americans are unhealthy, just the ones that don’t eat at least two servings of vegetables everyday. Oh shit, that includes me. We’re all doomed.
White people are just wonderful. In Germany we killed a bunch of other white people for their religion. In Africa we enslaved a bunch of people for their race. In Japan we corrupted an entire culture. We took our big guns and told everyone to suck our balls because we had the guns, meanwhile, the Chinese people were using their explosives to honor each other, the gods, and their crops in colorful explosions for the entertainment of their people. Go white people. We just rock.
My family is just so close and loving and dear. Yep. My brothers live far away from each other, and far away from me. I’ve never known either of them well enough to say much of anything about them. One of my brothers has two children, one a year younger than me, and the other is seven years younger than me. I’m not close to either of them either, and they both live in different households, neither of which with my brother. I had nothing to say or do when my uncle died, because I didn’t know the man. I was sad for my father’s loss, but other than that had to be reminded which one it was that died.
I can’t even name all my uncles and aunts, and because I don’t know most of them anyway, why should I care? So my family comes down to my mom and my dad, who are happily making love each night – oh wait, that was a daydream I was having, I meant they are arguing every night. Okay, not every night, but they have things they ought to be arguing about, but they’re too weary to bother anymore.
I’m proud to be an American. Sure I am. This country is just so efficient and smart and grand. Being white makes me so special and gives me so much culture to fall back on and to embrace. And my neighborhood is so beautiful. That’s why my neighbors break beer bottles on the pavement at least five times a day per block. That’s why no one bother’s to sweep the streets. It’s so beautiful that we decide to all gather outside in the beautiful late hours of the night and have gang fights.
On a more serious note, some drugged up puerto rican dude in a car crashed right into Crusipher on his bike. Crusipher, thankfully, hopped off his bike fast enough to not end up in the hospital and managed to save his laptop. I was there. This scene runs through my head over and over again, and if that guy had been fucked up enough to keep on driving instead of stopping on impact, who knows what could have happened as I sat there on my bike, frozen and uncomprehending.
The night before last some idiot on bike crashed into Crusipher on his bike and started a fight with him. Crusipher fucked the dude up (thankfully I was not there for this one) and biked off to a friend’s house just to make sure nobody saw where he lived. Then Crusipher got drunk and came home to me at four thirty in the morning and acted like a dick head. Yes, it’s a beautiful country, a beautiful city, a beautiful neighborhood, and I won’t stoop so slow as to say it’s wonderful to be white on account of how many black people around here are so... Into gangs and drugs. (Not that this applies to all black people, just the lot of them here in Buffalo... Probably four out of five of them. But that’s coming from an ignorant nineteen year old white girl in Buffalo, so it’s probably wrong.)
The human race is just glorious. We kill each other. We kill ourselves. We kill our planet. And where is the love in killing? No where. Absolutely no where. To support my point, take the following into consideration. (Of course, this only applies to America as far as I know, but still.)


SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2007

Scenario:
Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario:
Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for A DD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.
Scenario:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2007- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

PS: I’m not depressed or angry or anything like that. This is pretty much my opinion all the time. The things we do on this planet are crazy and disgusting. Killing gay people because they’re gay, or not letting them get married is just silly. It doesn’t affect me if two gay people get married, so why do I care? Why go out of my way to prevent something that isn’t going to hurt me?
If a woman gets raped, she’s entitled to not have his baby. If a woman has no money to support a baby, she has a right to kill it before it’s born and lives a living death in a shitty ass apartment and goes to one of the shitty public schools we just talked about with no father to be seen. I’m pro-choice for everything, as long as your choice doesn’t affect me or anyone else who values their existence.
That’s why you’re not allowed to go around murdering people. However, suicide over the age of thirty should be legal. And so should crack. If crack was legal then a lot more stupid people would die, and a lot more sane people would live, or at least live better from lack of having to deal with crack heads who need more crack (so they can die.)

No comments: