Monday, September 22, 2008

beyond stereotypical abominations

“death to the cliche leads to the rebirth”
“tears of idealistic creativity”
“reincarnation of the cliche”
“taboo is only the beginning”
“beyond stereotypical abominations”
-Some half-ass ideas for a tag line...
Tuesday, August, 19th 2008 at 1:49pm

Crusipher and I had a long discussion last night... One of those discussions that makes me all hopeful and happy. Odd, I don’t seem to want to write about it. I’ve been having trouble wanting to write about anything lately. I wonder why that is.
We’ve come up with three reminders for how we should treat each other (after the first and foremost rule which is to treat each other with love). #1, Benefit of the doubt. #2, Situational. #3, 90%. You’re probably wondering what at least one of those means, probably both of the last two, so let me elaborate.
#1, Benefit of the Doubt. This means that we should always assume that the other person didn’t mean something as harshly as it came out. We should always assume the other has the best intentions. We should always assume that the other did not intentionally hurt us. We should always allow an action to be retracted and apologized for.
#2, Situational. It’s not about what you said, and while a lot of it is about how it was said, it is also about when. The example I used last night was; “It’s not ever that you said some girl’s ass looked nice. That’s never the problem. I don’t care if you talk about other’s girl’s assets or look at them. It has so much more to do with if you keep talking about it for a long time, or if you rant and rave about it like it’s so amazing. And more importantly is when you said it. The worst time to be telling me about some other girl’s tits is when I’m already angry or sad or am trying to get you to pay attention to me.”
#3, 90%. At any given time there is always more you could be doing. If you did 100% of everything you could do at any given moment, you’d be exhausted, drained and feel cheated. If you’re doing less than 50% of what you could be doing, then your significant other will feel that you’re lazy, uncaring and selfish. Around 70% of what you can do will keep a relationship running. Around 80% may keep your partner content and keep you fairly busy. If you both however, do 90% of everything you can do for your partner then you’ll find your time completely filled with loving and being loved and most importantly; feeling fulfilled.
These three points we completely agree on, so we’re hoping to use them to calm each other down before an argument breaks out. I’ve also come to the understanding that when he’s angry, he likes to use music to calm down and to think about other things, so that when I make a fuss about it, he may subconsciously feel like I’m making it impossible for him to stop being angry around me, therefor forcing him to leave. I may try to put on his music and leave the room next time he becomes upset.
PS: Tomorrow we leave for FanExpo in Toronto and won’t be back until Monday. I’m all excited.










Sunday, August, 24th 2008 at 11:00pm

I feel pretty lost being home. Five days of walking, shopping, learning, listening, talking and constantly being close to Crusipher leaves me pretty confused as to what to do with myself now. I have a few ideas as to what I ought to do tomorrow, but at the moment I’m alone, exhausted, and yet not tired.
Crusipher went to go see his mother, which has left me quite down. I’m not angry or anything, I’m just lost. I felt so much better about the world having him at my side day in and day out for the last five days. It’s exactly what I’ve always wanted, and it was exactly as I hoped it would be. Of course there are disagreements, but simply living together instead of around each other... It just makes all the difference.
Why do I never want to write anymore? I have so many things I want to get out, and yet I feel this constant nagging feeling pulling me away from the keyboard. I don’t even have anything better to do anyway... Typing keeps making me feel restless, and I don’t know why.
There is hardly a point in summing up the things I learned and saw in the last five days without really writing it out. “Toronto rocks and Buffalo sucks” doesn’t begin to do the experience justice. It’s not just that “the grass is always greener.” The streets are clean in Toronto, the people are friendly, the stores are filled with people who mind their shopping, there is nobody constantly breaking a beer bottle, there are hardly any people to be found drinking on the street, and those that are drinking are having a glass of wine at a bar. Toronto is just freaking amazing. The people are so damn hot, and it’s clearly because they are so much healthier than the people in Buffalo.
The sickening part? At the FanExpo which is filled with locals but also with Americans, you can spot the Americans so easily because half the Americans are fat. Outside of the convention you see one fat person to every five hundred locals or so. Within the convention we saw about one fat person to every ten to fifteen people, and always they were clearly Americans. They had a fast-food stand outside the convention that advertised “no trans fat” and “100% pure vegetable oil” and other “healthy” things. Hardly anybody in Buffalo would know what that stuff meant, and half or more of those who did who what those things meant wouldn’t care.
The corner stores that we went into in Toronto didn’t sell alcohol. Almost all the fast food seemed to consist of subs and other things that are a good step up from burgers and french fries. People cross the street at the cross walk and always wait for the light to cross even when there are no cars coming. And even more amazing is that the cars actually wait for them instead of trying to squeeze in.
It seems to me that Toronto is 100% better than Buffalo. Sure, it’s still a city, and over all, our puny human cities suck, but as far as cities go, this one was an awesome one. I have been there before, but this is the first time I was there for so long, and I also am a lot more observant and interested in this sort of thing than I have ever been, so it felt like seeing everything for the first time. Also, I didn’t have my glasses just over a year ago now, so I couldn’t see as many details as I can now.
Anyway, I guess that will do for now. I’m going to give into the restlessness and do something else.

No comments: