Monday, September 22, 2008

Dungeons and Dragons

Wednesday, August, 13th 2008 at 4:35am

It is deep into the wee hours of the morning. I’ve been working on this chart for Dungeons and Dragons for my own Campaign that I’m planning... It’s a chart for a royal court with the details of the hierarchy. It’s very detailed and contains numerous strings of command, such as;

Queen:
-High Lady of Refinement
-High Lady of Defense
-High Lady of Diplomacy
-6 Royal Scribes for the High Ladies
-6 Guards for the High Ladies
-6 Servants for the High Ladies
-Princess(es) looked after and taught by the High Ladies
-1 Royal Scribe for the Princess
-3 Guards for the Princess
-2 Servants for the Princess

Except that in table form it’s colorful, and easy to see who is in command of whom, and in addition I’ve given each rank a number to show which ranks are above which other ranks that are not in the same strings of command. Each of the High Ladies is a #2, as well as the three High Lords, and logically enough the Kind and Queen are each a #1.
I spent the day at the Card Shop today, and I played Dungeons and Dragons with Adam, and Wes with Mott as the Dungeon Master and I had a lot of fun. My character is kick-ass in a magical and unique sort of way, and predictably I named her Cheanna. Anyway, I didn’t have anything emotional and particularly meaningful to write about, I just wanted to stream some words.


















Wednesday, August, 10th 2008
I could care less about hiding it from others, its just that id rather forget myself. And retelling my own old stories isn't going to help make that happen. i learned the lessons, now can't i forget about test day and focus on the future? :) -Mott

Wednesday, August, 12th 2008
Mott writes me;
I'm just bored right now... The baby is sleeping so I'm just trying to take advantage of my freedom while I still have it by writing something. One thing that you would like to know is that when I first began writing the black book I was even more idealistic than you are. In seventh grade I was coming up with the beginnings of my own plan (I wrote the red book in 8th grade after all). When I told some of my ideas to my godfather he laughed and told ne this wisdom: "when you're
young you can be idealistic but eventually you'll grow out of it and think you were foolish. Responded that I hope I never grow up in that case because even though it might bot be possible someone out there has to shout out idealism or no one would consider aspiring to paradise. I still believe that a certain level of idealism is necessary so that we don't lose sight of the goal, however I also realize that idealism isn't going to get anything done.
Pragmatism takes that role and it is the pragmatist who though may not be able to achieve their goals alone will take it one step at a time in the right direction and reform society into something more like the utopia the human race naturally searches for. We won't reach a better world by believing in the Anunnaki or any other form of divine power. That can only lead to a self interested well being of the believer. Which is good, don’t get me wrong, we all should have some satisfaction one way or another and its up to you as to how you find it. But if we want to genuinely improve the world it isn't done through belief or theorizing what the perfect works would be like.
All political systems and setups have the same potential to be perfect, the argument there us more of what system is suited for a culture in question. For instance, in Russia they don't actually want or have democracy. Constitutionally they have one but in practice IRS just a front for the same all intrusive dictatorship Russians have been happy to live under for thousands of years. So if designing the perfect world isn’t the way to go about reaching it (since people have their own subjective opinions about what that world should be like) then how does one find the "kingdom of god?" its simple actually. We already know and intelligent and insightful people have been telling us how for thousands of years. Love your neighbor as yourself. Practice a right way of living. Love your fellow man. The list goes on. All people have to do is listen to the lessons life teaches them and stop trying to interpret these lessons in ways that benefit them directly.
When we teach our kids these brainwashing sessions on how to act and tell them what their culture should like, we're no better than the followers of the dogmatic atrocities we call modern organized religion. If you have pride in yourself and your community, and I mean the good type of pride not the egotistical competitive kind, then you should act accordingly and if the human race has any humanity left in it, others will follow and the paradise you want will start to rear its head. We can never reach it, but if you never try and climb the wall of this bottomless pit you'll only fall further. Remember? There's always room for reform and you may NLT ever achieve the goals you set ahead of you but in trying you achieve something else. You achieve. The realization of that brings self love. The world is a mountain we can't reach the top of but there is no other options than
to try or fall. Get climbing ;) -Mott

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ι am gеnuinely thаnkful to the holder of
this web page whо has shareԁ thіѕ fantastic pοѕt at аt this placе.


Heге is my site :: dallas seo company