Monday, June 16, 2008

Correlation and Causation

Saturday, June 14th 2008 at 8:18pm


I desperately want to see “So Moses Was Born,” and “Eyes of Horus,” by Joan Grant turned into movies. What incredible books! Never mind the fact that they’re true, see through her visions into her past lives. Aside from that, they’re amazing stories that capture truth outside of just the events. Truth is within the very characters and morals expressed in these incredible stories!

I’ve been thinking I need to write letters. Not the ordinary sort of letters you send to friends in family, but letters with my ideas. I should write movie producers about what books should be turned into movies and why. I should write talk-show hosts about why they should have Dr. Mark Hyman as a guest. (I wrote Tyra today to say that she should invite Dr. Mark Hyman onto her show to empower people with the ability to change their health, their life and their outlook.) I should write more game companies with my gaming ideas. It couldn’t hurt, and there are only so many letters you can write and get no response. If I really stuck to doing such a thing, and sent out at least one letter a week, maybe two, I’m bound to start seeing at least some tiny percentage of my ideas go into action, and who gives a damn if I make any money off it or not!


Monday, June 16th 2008 at 6:16pm


Nathan,

All of my beliefs are either based on personal experience or things that I’ve read. Not to say that any of my beliefs are not outlandish, because I know that many of them are. For example, believing that Jesus was born from the father Gabriel, or should I say, an Anunaki, a. k. a Niphliem, or simply put, “an alien.” Yes, I know, this seems entirely crazy, but there is a good amount of research behind it. Read the books written by Zachariah Sitchin.

In terms of High Fructose Corn Syrup, I’ve read about twenty different articles about it. Some were sent through my e-mail, some were in magazines and some were on the internet. Many of them were inconclusive articles saying that there was no research to prove anything, and others, in direct opposition said that there were studies, just that these studies were not acknowledged by the government. There are several explanations (that I’ve read, not that I’ve made up) as to why the government lies about what we should eat. (For example, the food pyramid is a complete lie, because pasta should be extremely limited as it holds little nutritional value and causes tendencies towards many chronic illnesses.)

Out of the number of reasons why the government ignores medical known facts, the most logical explanation is that the sugar and pasta industries pay them off. This happens to be the explanation I’ve read and heard the most, and though I couldn’t site my source, I’m almost positive I’ve read somewhere that there was evidence of such.

A great deal of digging won’t uncover anything the government doesn’t want you to know very successfully. Magazines like Reader’s Digest will only say things that won’t get them in trouble, so when talking about things like high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils they side step any evidence not acclaimed by the... Whatever the three letters are that represent the government’s food control association. NFA? National Food Administration? I think that’s what it is. Anyway, over the past four years I’d say I’ve read about ten articles accusing them NFA of blatantly lying about new research because they were paid to lie about it.

For example, scientists reported that there is NO safe about of hydrogenated oils in your body, and yet the NFA set a “safe amount” that can be used in foods. On top of that, if there is a very small amount used, the product can claim to have “no trans fats,” which is why you should always read the ingredients and not rely on silly statements like “low fat” and “no trans fats” and “sugar free” which are all lies in one way or another.

Aspartame is also known to be completely unfit for consumption. It’s known to have chemical effects in the body that are downright toxic. If I remember correctly, it turns to “wood alcohol” in lame-man’s terms, which is also used in rat poison. Correct me on this one if you can find evidence to state otherwise. Perhaps I read that it was something else that we eat that is also in rat poison – like the stuff in cigarettes? In any case, aspartame is toxic.

In the case of margarine, which has been said to be “healthier” than butter for several dozen years, it’s been uncovered that margarine is only molecule away from being plastic. On top of this, it does not decompose, any animals and bugs won’t eat it. It’s been shown to clog arteries. On top of that, butter has shown to be loaded with healthy cholesterol which actually helps to unclog arteries. And in addition to the things I’ve read about butter and margarine I have my mom as living proof. My mother and her family has never had any cholesterol problems at all. And guess what they eat? Butter, butter and more butter!

My mother, by herself, goes through about two sticks of butter in a week. As a household of five, where four of us use the same kitchen and eat from the same butter supply, we go through about a stick and a half of butter a day, and none of us have cholesterol problems. This would seem to be another blatant lie on the part of the NFA or whom-ever is in control of telling us what’s good for us and what isn’t.

Now, not that Dr. Mark Hyman talks about conspiracies, or about the NFA very much, he does tell his patients not to eat any refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, or alternative sugars. He also has his patients come off all their medications (very slowly and at a safe rate.) He tells his patients to quit all white flour, sugar, and things containing gluten for a period of time and slowly reintroduces things into their diet to discover potential minor-food-allergies that are not recognized in America’s traditional medical facilities.

Dr. Mark Hyman has also revealed that high levels of mercury are in our sea food, and high levels of steroids are in our meat, which make foods that would be good for us, toxic instead. He says that while many of could deal with these toxins in our body, we can’t with our current diets because the vitamins that fuel our anti-toxins are in foods that most people don’t eat enough of to count.

Dr. Mark Hyman does not claim that high fructose corn syrup doesn’t leave the intestines. I recall reading that particular fact in an article that was sent to me via e-mail, and then confirming it since then on one or two websites. This information (if deemed true) would be hard to get a hold of because eighty-percent or so of everything in a regular grocery store contains corn syrup! These companies would do anything to prevent that information from spreading.

Some people claim that it’s a conspiracy to kill of the elderly. I think that is nonsense, and have not incorporated that claim into my belief system because of one simple fact. They don’t use high fructose corn syrup for any reason other than the fact that it’s cheap. How cheap? I don’t know, but I do know that whole-sale soda is about 5 cents a can, and one or two of those cents, perhaps three of those cents are used on the can itself. That means the actual contents are just about worthless: high fructose corn syrup, water, artificial and natural flavorings and coloring.

What’s really disgusting is that soda can claim to be “all natural” just by taking out artificial flavorings. This, by law of transitivity means that they’re telling us that high fructose corn syrup is “natural” which it isn’t. It may come from natural sugar, but sugar was never meant to be refined three or four times and then eaten or drank in mass amounts. And we can prove that it was not meant to be eaten or drank in any amount by a simple study that anyone can do.

For anyone who does not drink beverages with high fructose corn syrup, try drinking one of those beverages every day for a month. I bet you’ll gain twenty pounds, and if your moltabolism is high enough that you don’t, I bet you’ll find at least one of the following to be true: you’re reluctant to stop drinking the beverage (evidence of it’s addictive qualities), you’re having headaches, you have trouble sleeping or getting up, you have less energy, you alternate between being hyper and tired, you’re less happy about your life, you crave more food or sweets than previously, or you have issues using the bathroom.

For anyone who does drink beverages with high fructose corn syrup, try not drinking any of these beverages for one month. You may lose twenty pounds or more, or find that any of the previously listed symptoms go away.

That particular study has most certainly been done a number of times. While they’ve found no direct connection to weight loss there are always improvements. The reason that not all people lose weight when cutting out high fructose corn syrup can be accounted for in more ways than I can list. They may be lacking in a number of necessary vitamins. They may have stress issues that are reflecting on the bodies. It may be age related, and it may be a combination of all of those together. It can even be a direct result of toxicity.

And I can guarantee you that I’ve not made one bit of this up, nor have I taken any one person’s word on it, unless it was Dr. Mark Hyman, because I’ve never found a single thing that he wrote or said to be untrue. Through his writing I learned enough to lose thirty pounds and get rid of continual stomach pains, burping, chest pains, and other afflictions which I have already previously gone into detail about.

In regards to all the other claims I made, they are founded either in personal experience or in things that I’ve read or both, just as the things I say about health. The real bottom line is, however, that evidence is a tricky thing to measure. While correlation is not necessarily causation, it generally still implies relation. While high fructose corn syrup may not be the worst thing for you to eat (though I believe that it’s the second-worst after aspartame), and while it may not mean that you gain weight, and it may not effect your health for years, the fact of the matter is, that there is a strong relation between the level of health your experience and that of how much refined sugar you eat.

I find this to be true everywhere I go. I find that people with bad skin or with weight problems or both reveal large sugar consumption in nine out of ten people. I met an elderly woman who got pimples and drank a lot of soda. Just last week I met a man who was around three hundred and fifty pounds by the looks of him, and in my presence he ate around thirty Hershey-kisses. My mother has a friend who has every health problem you can name, including being very obese and having severe back pains, and she eats sugar all day long in the form of chocolate, soda and candy. She won’t eat much salt however, and worries about her sodium intake. Her doctors tell her to worry about salt, sodium and cholesterol, but say nothing about sugar. Does this not seem like lies?

Carlos’s mother, a good friend of this woman as similar problems and a similar diet. My brother is diabetic and his diet is similar. The less sugar he eats, the more weight he loses, but he’s so addicted to it (and admits that he is) that it’s hard for him to cut back. His wife has all the same health issues and eats the same diet.

My other brother however doesn’t eat much sugar at all, but he does eat a lot of “fats” and a lot of meats and other things people claim are so terrible, and he maintains a healthy weight. His ex-wife eats similarly and she is in great shape.

I could go on and on and on with people I know who eat sugar and have health problems. Ari, a girl I went to girl-scouts with is always tired, overweight and have dramatic mood swings, and her diet contains sugared beverages, pastas and other non-nutrient containing foods. Angel, a male guy friend (not the chick I talk to by e-mail), has just lost a ton of weight, (around seventy pounds) and he did it by taking my advice to stop drinking soda. If you want to say this is a coincidence, go ahead, but might I remind you Nathan, that for all the time I’ve known you you’ve been overweight and have had pretty unhealthy-looking skin on your arms.

I rest my case.

No comments: